Children and Youth Program
The Rainbow of Hope Children and Youth Program is designed to help children who live in a home with addiction learn that what has happened isn't their fault, that they're not alone and that there are other children and families who have had similar experiences. Families learn to talk, trust and feel again.
Ashley's Rainbow of Hope Children and Youth Program focuses on:
- Young people learning that they are not the cause of addiction
- There are other children who are living in homes with addiction, too
- Learning to talk about addiction, trust and understanding feelings
The Ashley Children and Youth Program can be a step toward healing. Through art, games, a puppet show and other fun activities, children learn about the disease of addiction and how to express and cope with many of their feelings.
The Rainbow of Hope program is designed to help children ages 6 to 14 and their parents/caregivers. Typically, we enroll only 12 children in each session so that personal attention is assured. The groups are facilitated by trained teachers and counselors who have in-depth knowledge of addiction and recovery. The group is divided into age groups for age-appropriate activities and discussion.
Ashley's Children and Youth Program:
- Is designed for young people ages 6 – 14 who are living with a family member who is an addict or in recovery
- Provides trained addiction counselors and teachers with expertise in addiction and recovery
- Offers personal attention for children who are dealing with addiction at home
- Provides age-appropriate addiction education
Once their children are signed in, parents/caregivers take part in an all-day group experience of their own. The group, led by a professional counselor, focuses on the ways in which families use denial and silence. It also explores ways to open communication and rebuild trust.
The program is held the second Saturday of each month from 8:45 to 3:00 p.m. Lunch and snacks are provided.
- $75 - one child
- $100 - two children
- $125 - three+ children
Registration required 1 week prior to program.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Administrator of Family Services
Father Martin's Ashley
800 Tydings Lane,
Havre de Grace, MD 21078
Phone: 800.799.4673 x227